Tuesday, February 8, 2011


WOMAN + HEELS= SEXINESS!
Sexy, powerful woman! Isn’t that what high heeled shoes say about a woman? Heels have been around for centuries and have always added sensuality to a woman who proudly wears them. So what is it about heels that make a woman look sexier and feel sexier than she already is?
I must admit that I haven’t always been a fan of high heels, especially in my varsity days. I’ve always been a sneakers-or-pumps kinda girl, where comfortability was first priority, and off-course followed by individual style. My perception of heels (after a couple of not-so-good experiences) was that they are uncomfortable and can’t possibly be worn every day. I always couldn’t wait to get out of them when I was wearing them (usually at a very special occasion, such as a wedding, where no other shoe works well with the dress) and I found them to be such a burden.
But when I graduated from varsity and entered into the working world, and as I took a young adult approach to style, I realised that heels are quite hott and do wonders for the feminine figure and can change any outfit and make it super stylish. I’m a young and upcoming journalist, so dressing formally to work isn’t really necessary (no suits for us but a flattering blazer, a good pair of skinny or bootleg jeans and a nice tailored shirt do the trick!), but looking good, being comfortable and adding individuality to the outfit is always a fashion must for me. But regardless of whether you are in the corporate industry or the creative industry, heels add a significant dash of je ne sais quoi to any woman’s style.
Heels make a woman look sexier and more attractive, because as you walk in heels, you walk tall with your shoulders back and your head up, making you look slimmer and more confident. And actually, walking in heels is great for toning the core muscles as you walk upright, and they tone the calves’ muscles. Legs look shapelier and more attractive when the definition of the calf stands out as well as when the leg is lengthened by the heel. In fact, neuropsychological research found that by lengthening the leg by a few centimetres, you do look more attractive and poised.
Attractiveness is also amplified by heels because you walk in a catwalk type of position as your steps are smaller, causing your hips to move more gracefully, and your curves are more pronounced because your shoulders are back and your butt is in the right position. In heels, any woman can strut their stuff on a modelling ramp which is the office or the mall.
And speaking of offices, the impact heels make in the workplace is quite phenomenal. Heels really bring an air of feminine authority and visual height, and they make you look smart and professional as well. Just add on a good pair of glasses, preferably the ones with the black frame that flatter the contours of your face, and you’re good to go in a smart of sophisticated way.
Since I’m all for stylish comfortability, I’d say that practising to walk in your heels before you go out is a good idea. Walk around in your home, preferably on different surfaces to get the feel of the shoe. And also don’t sacrifice your feet for fashion. The ideal height for a high heeled shoe is 7 or 8 centimetres. This will ensure that the shoe is relatively easy to walk in. And also choosing the right pair of shoes, taking into consideration the height, thickness and shape, is quite important because the last thing you need is deformities like bunions caused by cramping the big toe into a shoe that is too thin in the front, or even spraining your ankle and causing wear and tear in the leg because of shoes that are too high. Anyway, shoes that are too high aren’t even attractive. I mean, who wants to be hobbling around with no balance?
So right now as a young professional in the creative arts industry, I’ve decided to invest in a good pair of heels because I have seen the light; the added sophistication, professional and attractive, gonna-look-super-hott light. I don’t have to wear formal wear to rock my heels, but I can wear them with any outfit and look great, and my legs will look even greater as they get toned and look elongated. I’ll also walk tall and with more confidence. In heels, I’ll definitely feel like I’m moving up in the world one step at a time.
Image courtesy of www.stylefrizz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment